Things have been crazy around here. Friday I was supposed to work from home. I had jerseys and lots of shirts to do, but somehow I got stuck working out at the shop most of the day. I was very unhappy about this since it meant working this weekend and I have been working non stop since the previous week, I need a break! The boys got out early Friday, so this added to the commotion of it all. I had left the boys at home while I ran out to the shop to meet a customer. I came home and went to check to make sure Brennans room and bathroom were clean. This was his task in order to go stay the night with a friend, and what do I find, but a good pair of jeans dripped with blood and blood splatter all around the sink, UGH! Come to find out Nate was mad that B had his socks on and they had been wrestling around. I just blew it off at first, thinking they both deserve whatever it was they were doing, but then found out Nate punched B in the nose. I have zero tolerance for fighting and causing harm to the other, so he went to his room. I ran B over to his friends house and came home to make supper and work. Scott worked late but got home just in time for my sister and her husband to arrive. I must say it was a nice ending to the day, and I really needed the break.
Saturday I had to get up early. Brennan had basketball and I had to go pick him up from his friends. The three of us headed out to the high school for B's first game which was all running late because the coach messed up the times on the schedule. He lost his first game by 5, and in the midst of the game I got a call from a customer, so after the first game I headed out to the shop to do a little lettering before his next game started. I was a little late getting back to his second game but did manage to watch a little over half. They won the second game by 1 point, a 1 on 1 shot. Lucky them, and it won them 3rd place in the tournament. Once again I was working when we got back to the house, and the boys started fighting again. Nate hit B, so it was back to his room. While in there he seemed to have a major meltdown, yelling and screaming. This was not going over with me at all. Finally I brought him out and had a talk with him and he told me I was sooo unfair to him. Later in the day I also heard this from B, so I am just thinking they both must think I am the meanest Mom(or step-mom) EVER! Scott had to go to the rental house and do some work and had his dad over there helping him. We finally ate lunch around 3, and then it was back to work for me. We finished the night watching step brothers. I was a good movie, however after all the stress and work, I missed the end by falling asleep. Scott finally woke me up at 2:30 and asked me if I was sleepin out there all night, NO WAY!
Sunday I got up and did a little cleaning. Then it was back to work for me. Luckily it was nice enough out that we sent the boys outside for awhile. I had been down stairs cleaning screens, and some how I splattered ink all over me, including my face so I came upstairs to wash up. Scott was making supper, so I decided to run to the store quick to get a few things and I back out of the garage and hear a noise. I thought it was just a snow drift in front of the door that had turned to ice so I kept backing up. I hear more noise so I am thinking O, I just ran over one of the boys skateboards, and keep backing up because if this was the case, it is their own faults and I just don't care. The noise doesn't go away, so I hop out and look, and the neighbors bicycle is wedged under my tahoe. Yay, here I was in a hurry to get to the store and now I have a bicycle under the truck and have to go get Scott to help me get it out. He comes out and pulls on the bike while I drive forward and it just isn't working. We had to jack up the back of the truck just to get the bike out. I hurry off to the store, get what I want and get back to find that something went wrong with the stove top. Scott said the breaker blew 4 times, so he decided to take the cover off the junction box and see if there is something more to it. And of coarse, the wires are fried! What more can go wrong at this point right?! I don't know about anyone else, but cooking hamburger in the oven doesn't work the best and our spaghetti turned out more like pasta. It was ok, but just not the same. Thankfully, we at least had the oven to cook with, even if it wasn't the best meal I had ever had. After supper, it was back to work for me. I came upstairs to let the boys know it was time for them to get in the shower and they tell me they don't have school. What? I am expecting a quiet day to myself at home, working! Sure enough, teacher in service. I must say I am totally bummed. My first Monday off(not really, it just gives me a day to do books or shirts, uninterrupted, so I can be at the shop the rest of the week) and I am stuck at home with both boys. Normally I don't mind, but I REALLY need a break.
I have to get back to working or I will never get anything done. That is my excitement for the week, I hope. I did call the owner whom we bought our house from and he allowed Scott's dad to fix our stove top for us. When the factory had put the faceplate on the junction box, they pushed the wires together and the hot wire was touching the ground wire. After time, the covering must have weakened from the heat and it had fried all the way through. I am Thankful that it was an easy fix and that there wasn't a fire. So back to work for me, we will see how today goes, but I am not expecting anything fabulous!
1 comment:
Yikes, sounds like you had quite a weekend. About the whole bike thing, that is what happened to Madison's bike too. OUCH! And why was the neighbors bike in front of your garage? Anyways, hope it gets better for you. The rest of the week is suppossed to be nice. Maybe X and I will have to come and see you!
Post a Comment