I am happy that today has been a great day! It started off a little rocky as my alarm clock didn't go off and I didn't get up until 7:30 when Scott's went off. I will definitely have to check into that, but I got the boys up and we were out the door and at school by 7:40! I made good progress at work and no unexpected interruptions! Time flew and before I knew it, I had just enough time to run to Casey's for lunch before picking the boys up from school. (and I didn't even have to wait in line forever to get out of the parking lot, that is always a plus!) I had to run back by the shop because I forgot some checks that needed to get to the bank and today is the day we pick up Nate's papers so we took care of that before heading home. Nate did his homework and both boys did their chores without any arguments, this is a first, and I did my workout.
I love working out, and can start to tell a difference. I also changed some of my eating and drinking habits,(everyone knows I love Mt. Dew) so I am sure this is playing a major part in it all. It is also less strain on my checkbook! Yesterday I was soooo stressed, the kids were acting like brats and just trying to get anything done seemed impossible, but as soon as I did my workout I felt ten times better! And best of all I had just enough time in between supper and my Favorite Monday night shows, Intervention, One Tree Hill, and The City, to get it done! As for tonight, I still have to do my walking but usually save that for later in the evening. I have learned that it is easier to be hot from working out than trying to warm up the freezing cold bathroom. And hey, it saves on electricity!
It is nice for once to get to come home and not have to work. The house is pretty well clean, and I can just spend the rest of the evening hanging out with my boys! Not sure what's on for supper tonight, but last night I tried something new! Fried minute steaks and then I put them in the oven with cream of mushroom soup over the top. Scott has a different version of this where he boils the steaks unbreaded and then pours the soup over them in the skillet. I don't find this appetizing at all, but he and Nate like it. So I guess tonight will be a surprise. We are pretty much eating whatever we can find til Friday. I hate this but it is always good to get rid of the items that have been around for awhile! So come Friday, I am definitely getting my grocery shopping done even if it means taking Brennan by myself! I know lots of parents take their kids grocery shopping, but I really hate it and will tell the story behind it all one of these days when there isn't much to say!
So, that is it. After all the hours I put in working lately and all that had went wrong.... today was a Great day and I hope it was the same for all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment