Sunday, January 4, 2009

A weekend come and gone

Saturday morning Scott got up and went to work. I got the boys up to clean house. This was part of their punishment. However.....they seemed to enjoy it. I couldn't believe it, I usually here all their cries and concerns when it comes to chores, but they worked together and got things done with minimal complaints or arguing. I was amazed, but not the reactions I was hoping for. I can't really complain though, it was nice to have the whole house clean for once, it has been awhile!

Later in the afternoon we headed to Paxico. Things started out a little rocky(when I say no T.V. it holds true in the Tahoe as well), so I set things straight, again! We left Sabetha in lots of heavy fog and cool temperatures. The closer we got to Topeka, the nicer it got...54 degrees! It was short lived, once we got to Paxico, the clouds came in again and it didn't take long for the cold weather to return.

Jan brought out supper to us, it was delicious! We enjoyed sitting around and talking but that didn't last long either. Anda was back to work in no time, so we all pitched in. Scott and Wade left to go get drinks, so the boys got their hand at painting! They were a big help and hey, they got to learn sometime! Scott had to have his hand in it as well when the arrived back. We visited for a little while after the room was finished and then headed straight home. We made good time, about an hour and 20 minutes, and then it was bedtime!

Today we had lunch and are lounging around. Kinda nice for a change not having somewhere to go or something to do. We definately don't get enough of these days!

No comments: