Friday, January 2, 2009

Glad it's Friday

I got to sleep in this morning which was nice for a change. Usually I am up before 7, get kids up and dressed, snacks packed, school work in book bags, meds, and then take them to school on my way to work at 7:30. I took Brennan to biddy ball practice at 10:00 and then went into work to help Scott wash trucks. Nates mom dropped him off at the shop. Things were a little slow so we went and picked Brennan up from practice at noon and then ran a few errands. We were just going to go home, However, Scott called so we went back to the shop. It was a busy afternoon. The boys got to come home for some reason. Normally it is fine for them to stay at the house by themselves for a few hours, but they are both officially grounded. I wasn't crazy about this but decided to go ahead and let them so they could clean up their mess in the basement. To my surprise, they did manage to do a pretty good job, but they were playin and had B's cellphone when I came home. I sent them to their own rooms and I am sure if I go in their now they are probably quietly doing something they aren't supposed to be doing. I am to the point of throwin their mattresses on the dining room floor for the week so they will have access to nothing! This is a repeat offense and am not sure what it is going to take to make a lesson learned!
I am hoping to get the house cleaned in the morning and then go visit friends when Scott gets off work tomorrow. It may be a long weekend for the two of us if we are couped up all weekend with the boys being grounded.
Today was so nice out, I was hoping to get to wash the Tahoe and spend sometime outside. This didn't happen, but hopefully there will be another day soon. Next week looks like finishing up on books and preparing to get our taxes done. This takes a little while with all the business stuff and it has to be done before we can do our personal taxes so it is my goal to have it all taken care of next week.
Nothing else to really say for the day. I am glad the week is over and the boys will be starting school again on Monday so we can all get back into our routines. I seem to need this as well as they do. Makes everything go smoother and I get a lot more done during the day when they are filling their little heads with useful information!
Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments: