Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just another day

Not much has happened since my last post. Just work, more work and cleanin house. Saturday I did go get groceries and then took one of our employees over to Wal-Mart. It was nice to get out of town. It has been about 3 weeks since I had left city limits and it was nice just to get out even though it has been cold and I had spend all my money at the store in town. I did find enough change to get myself a drink from sonic. I have been working out and changing my eating habits, so it was a treat to have something other than water.
Saturday night we had friends over for a drink and a movie. I can't even remember what movie we watched, I think we were too busy talking. It definitely wasn't the alcohol because I only had 3 Mudslides. It was a late night, and the only night I can remember not falling asleep halfway through the movie!
Sunday was a lazy day. I didn't do much of anything other than normal cooking and cleaning. I was exhausted later in the evening and couldn't wait to go to bed.
The week so far has been pretty busy for me. I did get the DK, formerly the Dairy Queen, signs finished and they were up and running today. I had to stop by there to drop something off and it felt like half the town was there. Everyone must be excited to have something different to eat again. I also did some shirts and decals for a company getting ready for a show in Vegas. I finished that up today and was hoping to get in to get my hair cut.
I have only had my hair cut professionally 3 times since Scott and I have been together~more than 7 years, and I had did some work for a salon in town and traded her for a free haircut which I haven't used yet. Unfortunately she wasn't there so I am going to try again tomorrow.
Our stove is working fabulous! It is 80 in here at the moment, a little on the warm side actually. It is much better than what it had been though and I hate being cold. It had a hard time heating the whole house the last few days, but that is expected with the large space and cold temperatures. I am looking forward to the warmer temperatures this weekend and next week. I am hoping to make it to Topeka soon. I still haven't got to eat out for my birthday and getting out of town is long overdue. I would rather get to go when it is halfway decent out. The last 3 times we have been to Topeka it was cold and snowy.
B came down with a sinus infection Friday. It didn't seem to bad at first, but I noticed last night he was doing a lot of coughing even after giving him some medicine. I also started him back on his allergy pill. He has always had some type of allergy, year round, but I haven't had him tested as to what it is. I was a little concerned as the last time I took him in for a sinus infection, the Dr. thought he may have asthma as well. I hadn't been giving him his allergy med since it is $100 a month, and insurance only covers half. I will definitely be switching him to something else once this is gone. Hopefully he will get over it soon, and the rest of us can avoid coming down with anything.

No comments: