Thursday, January 22, 2009

A good feeling

Yesterday was another busy day. I got the boys off to school and to work I went. I am currently working on the old DQ signs as it is soon to open as a new hamburger/ice cream place. Hopefully I will be finished with them today, as I only have til Friday. (Actually before Monday, but I am not working all weekend again)

Yesterday we also had our stove installed in our fireplace. I was not as excited about this as my crazy husband, but it is our main source of heat and I am not complaining about saving money. I do complain a lot about the mess though! Wood scraps everywhere, the dust, sometimes the smell, and did I mention the dust? The insert has it's own blower and so they were able to take the one Scott had made down. I was really happy about this! It was ugly and took up extra space. Anyways, they were finished by the time I got to the house and I had lots of cleaning to do. Every couple of days the dust builds up so bad that it looks like someone sprinkled dirt all over everything. I decided to pull the tv out and clean behind it and since the blower was gone I could scoot it back and over a little giving us a little more room. The guy who had hooked up our satellite did a horrible job, wires criss crossed with each other and with the speaker wires, it was literally a rats nest back there. I untangled and there was sooooo much dust back there it was flying out of the carpet every time I moved. I was disgusted! But it is definitely cleaned now!! I was also able to take up the big area rug we had in front of the fireplace to protect the carpet from flying ash. I had that warm cozy feeling when I was done and mission was accomplished!
The boys delivered Nate's papers last night. They did homework and chores and I sent them outside til supper was ready. The rest of the evening we just sat around and I enjoyed it!

Tonight I have to be back out at the shop for the boyscout field trip. They have to speak to an "artist" as part of their badge and so they are going to make their own shirts while they are here. Guess I had better get busy! I have a picture to post of my clean living room, but I can only do it from my laptop, so I will try to do that later today. And the weather is sooo beautiful I am sporting my flip-flops for the second day in a row!! I am dreading the cold tomorrow, so get out and enjoy it while it's here!

No comments: