Thursday, January 15, 2009

A week too cold and a child growing up too soon!

First I want to wish my great Aunt Millie a Happy Birthday, one day late! I am happy to get to share this day with such a special person! It was just another day for me. I was hoping to get off work early, ha! I picked B up from school and we came went back to the shop for a little while. After we got home, I did my workout (which is really starting to help) and cooked supper. I did get to watch a little tv at least while I was working last night. So much for getting off early.
Last night while I was working, Scott was watchin tv and little Mr. B was supposed to be doing his homework. Little did I know he had his phone and was texting a girl (she is Nate's age), and using his dad as a means of COOL. He said"she just texted me I love Marilyn Manson and so I told her that I do to!" I guess she then asked him if he even knew anything about Marilyn Manson since he was only 8, and he said "Dad, I told her that my dad is a big fan of rock and metal and so I have heard it all!" I think Scott was a little impressed that B was using him to impress a girl! Me on the other hand, no so much so. He is already too smart for his own good, and knows way more than I probably knew at twice his age. And not to mention that the girl he was talking to is 4 years older than he. He did manage to get his homework done just in time for bed!
Nate stopped by last night for awhile. We had just got home, so I am glad he didn't get there any sooner as I did not know he was coming by. He had delivered his papers and walked uptown to make a purchase with a gift card he got for Christmas, and then walked to the house. Poor guy, had I known, I would have given him a ride. I was freezing last night, and today is even worse. When I got to the shop this morning the temperature was 0, and maybe even colder, but it only takes a few minutes from our house to drop the boys or in today's case, boy, off at school and be at work. And there was no way I was going to sit out there to see if it was colder or not. I had a hard enough time getting the door open, it was froze shut, and had to give it quite a few kicks to get it open. Ugh!
Well, I can't believe it it Thursday already, and tax day again! I hate these days, I hate figuring taxes and I hate paying taxes, and just finished books so a little break would have been nice. And since it is January, we have all our quarter taxes to pay on top of all the monthly taxes. Oh well, I guess it gives me a day to work from home. And I love these days!

No comments: