Monday, March 2, 2009

A little bit hectic and a little bit not

Friday was a very busy day. It is somewhat of a whirlwind of a memory but I do remember I did 2 trucks and finished up some shirts. The truckwash was busy as well, and it was making my task of lettering those trucks difficult. We ended up finishing up the last one at the customers shop, something we hadn't thought of in the beginning. I managed to pick the boys up from school and dropped them off at city hall to play while I finished up my work. We were home long enough to get cleaned up and changed for the visitation. The place was packed, but it was amazing to see all the people there to show their respect for such a good person. Scott's cousin Jenny and her family came over to visit afterwards. It was nice to be able to talk without many other conversations going on around us and the boys played downstairs.
Saturday we were up early. Scott was off to work, while the rest of us were preparing for the funeral. He made it home to get dressed and off we went. Again, the church was packed, and Northridge is a large church. We went to the burial afterwards despite the cold wind and the snow blanketing the ground. Then it was back to the church for a nice lunch and visiting with the family.
We were home after the funeral for a few hours. This gave me and the boys time to do a little much needed cleaning. Then it was off the my niece's birthday party. The roads were pretty well clear except for Old 75. It was awful and snow packed. Again, it was nice to visit with family and the boys love playing with their cousins. They all get along pretty well, only a few times did we hear any complaints and they were minor. We left around 8. I was a little stressed driving home in the dark as there were a few slick spots along the highway, but again it was Old 75 that was terrible. 35 mph the whole way. The boys were even asking how long until we got home. I have never had to take a road so slow and for future references I will take new 75 from Fairview. I didn't want to go out of my way but by the time you factor in how slow you have to go, it would have been much quicker to take the long way!!!
Yesterday was a lazy day around here. Everyone had leftovers for lunch and then the boys went to play at city hall for a little while in the afternoon. Nate had a boyscouts meeting and then it was home and supper. We had brats and mozzarella sticks. Something different for a change not to mention how quick and easy it was. We watched some tv and played many Uno games before the boys had showers and were off to bed.
Monday mornings always come with mixed emotions for me. I hate Mondays. I hate the end to a weekend that was gone way to soon. I do enjoy Mondays for one reason. It is my "day off"(my work from home day). I enjoy the peacefulness of nothing. I can work almost nonstop and have no one coming through my door, or the phone ringing, just me and the felines, and they are no trouble at all. I had better get to it, lots to get done. Plus my husbands shirts that I have been working on for months or more, and I hear about them every Monday. Customers always come first though, but he is getting impatient. I had to explain it to him like this; I would not expect to come stick my Tahoe in front of a full line of trucks and expect you to wash it, so it is the same for me only we are talking about shirts instead of trucks. (I don't think this helped me much though)
Tomorrow is a big day. The photographer is coming for the magazine. I will definitely post tomorrow. I am excited to see how it all turns out and may even spring some ideas for me!!

No comments: