First things first, Happy Birthday to my wonderful mother!! Thanks for all you do for us and I hope your day went well!!
I must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I didn't get to bed until after 1 this morning, but I should have known from there that it wasn't going to be the greatest of days. Since today is my mom's birthday, I usually just call her and tell her, but this year I wanted to do something else. So, I called the flower shop and was going to send her a little something but no answer. Ok, the message said it opened at ten, so being that it was about ten til, I waited and then called back. No answer. I waited a little longer and tried again. Same message no answer. And again, no answer. I went on with my jobs for the day, and I decided before I left the shop to go uptown to do a job I would call again, thinking otherwise I would totally get busy and forget. Yes, another sign of getting older, I forget. So I get the message again, and I decided to wait a little while longer and try back. Again no answer. I was mad. Who runs a business like this. Me having my own business was definitely frustrating. I put out my emails, cell, home, and work number even to some customers that I would really rather just have my shop number, but business is business. I can understand not answering the phone once, even twice. I know what it is like to have your hands full and the phone just not close enough, or running a little behind, or even an emergency coming up that takes you right off track and away from your schedule. However, I tried at least 5 times, maybe even more (I lost track), calling at different times of the day, and each time was the same message and no answer. If there was another shop in town, I would have called them, but to my knowledge I only know of the one. How can anyone stay in business running this way. Believe me, I would have been gone a long time ago. Ugh, it just upset me that I didn't get through and there was no other way. Just adding to a rotten day.
On a different note, I am officially moving the shop. I am super excited about this and have LOTS, and I mean LOTS of ideas I want to do right down to the set-up of my offices and show room. I know it will take some time to accomplish all this, and it will be a slow start, but eventually it will be GREAT! I spend all day yesterday painting and have a little touch up to do and then it is on to other things. I have a great idea for a shelf that was already in there, just needs a little work, and I have to put together my design for my window. Then it will be on to moving everything over and hopefully it won't take too long and I will be up and running, hopefully more efficiently and better organized than what I am now. Scot and I are still discussing my hours, I love what I have now 8am-3pm Tuesday through Friday and closed the rest of the week. Appointments for other times for those that can't come in during business hours and no closing for lunch. However, I do realize that the average person works 8-5 and wouldn't make it in. I really don't know how to juggle more than I already have on my plate other than doing a 9-11 on Saturdays or something to that sort, or having a different schedule for winter vs. summer ( winter being kids in school schedule and summer being no school) but I don't want to confuse people either. I need your help, what do you think if you were a customer? I am also looking at cheap ways to display items. there is a pegboard, and a counter/shelf, and I have plans to get a couple clothes racks, but if anyone has any unique tables, hutches, shelves, that your are wanting to get rid of at a cheap price, please let me know. I am going to try to make it up to the used furniture store tomorrow since I didn't make it up there today and see what I can find. Showcases are so expensive, I am thinking about making a few things myself!!!
It was a beautiful day, who could ask for better weather. I went for an awesome walk with a great friend, we walked over 4 miles, and it was nice to talk and get out for a change. Hopefully we will find time to do this more often.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!!! Hope you remembered your green!
No comments:
Post a Comment