It has been an exhausting week for me. I feel like I was run ragged, running here and there, and doing whatever needed to be done. And it didn't help that the weather was cold and dreary. I hate the cold, I can never get warm enough. What happened to me? As a child you would have seen me running around in snow and frigid temperatures in a t-shirts and a pair of shorts. And we didn't have heat upstairs, so it wasn't unusual to have frost covering the inside of our windows, but there I was dressed for summer. I think it a sign of getting older. I also used to have an amazing skin tone, which is gone now too. I get lighter in the winter and never seems to really darken in the summer. Part of this saddens me as it reminds me much of my dad's side of the family, and most of them are gone. (Sorry mom!) But it is true. I always felt closer to them and like that is where I truly came from. Not that I didn't love my other family as much, but it was just different. I see most of my characteristics coming from Dad's side, right down to my toes!!!
Anyways, it was a hectic week. Between work, and B, parent teacher conferences, and working on my website, I was just tired. Not to mention helping my husband wash a truck, and then last night picking up trash!!! I was disgusted. Horrified. The trash was everywhere. I was amazed that A.) people are to lazy to get it to their trash can so the trash man can pick it up, and B.) that once it hits the ground, everyone just seemed to deem it "our" problem to get it picked up. I was hoping to pick a nice day, get the kids out there, old clothes and gloves, and do a massive cleaning of the park, however, it wasn't in the cards. Scott and I picked up 2 lawn and leaf bags full of trash. We finally had our wonderful trash man bring down a dumpster. We had been pondering the pros and cons of this for years, and finally decided it was a go. We had to many people not paying him to pick up their trash which was half the problem for so much of it laying around. The other reason being we aren't fond of the other trash service here in town, and ours has went above and beyond anything we had seen, picking up whatever it was we set out, and if something fell on the ground, he actually picked it up! I can remember a long time ago, living in the other trailer court before Scott and I got married, and you could always tell which day was trash day because there would be a pattern of trash strewn all through the court of dirty diapers, aluminum cans, milk jugs, and just about anything else that either fell out or they were to lazy to pick up. It was an eye sore among the fact that we had many young children living there including our own.
Another downer. Scott is terribly troubled over the economy. He watched CNN and Fox News constantly. He dwells and stresses and to be quite honest, it tires me. There is never anything good reported in the news anymore, and it's not that I don't want to know what's going on, but I am not going to dwell over something I can't change. There is nothing I can do about fake politicians, or that people are scamming others in a troublesome and trying time. All I can do is work, and take care of the customers I have, and watch my spending carefully. I am not going to sit here and feel sorry for myself because business is a little slow, I can't spend as much as I did before, and I definitely can't spend money on items deemed unnecessary. I, like most people, am stashing what little money I do have for a time I may need it. And I have learned something through all of this. We are making less money now and have more money saved than we have ever had stashed away. It feels great!! It stifles me to think back and try to remember all the wasteful things we must had spend money on. And I can't say I am any less happy now than when we had a little more money in our pockets. The bigger picture is a little scary. I don't want to have to close a business, or lose my house, or the things we have worked so hard to have, but if and when that time comes, there are other options. Maybe not things we want to do, but plan B is sorta in place just in case. I just wish he could see it through my eyes and stop stressing over something we have no control over.
Today we are off for the day. A day of doing not a whole lot really, but just getting out and enjoying family, friends, and the weather that only looks to be getting better!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment