Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Can one really have it all???
Last night I came home, (after working an hour late) and worked on shirts for a few hours. I have been trying to stop at around 7:30, otherwise I am wide awake til after 1 am!!! I decided that since I keep gaining weight and I am definitely not ready to give up my sweets, and due to the fact that I haven't even put on my "winter weight" yet, that I am getting back into my workout routine. I spent 20 minutes on the treadmill, equivalent to a mile, and then worked out with Gilad. For those of you that don't know who he is, he has a show, actually 2 episodes on the discovery channel I believe, maybe it is TLC, during the National Body Challenge. It consists of simple movements and light weights, but let me tell you, the workout works muscles I didn't know I had. Especially the thighs, butt, and stomach...those areas I need to work the most. I haven't done them for awhile, I have been too busy, and I thought being up on my feet would help, but apparently not enough. I felt great, I could even still keep up, but today I can barely walk and going up steps is tough. Last night after working my stomach muscles I couldn't get back up off the floor for a few minutes or my stomach muscles would cramp up (something that I have never had happen before). Maybe it is all in part to getting older, who knows, but I am definitely going to make the time to do this every day, no matter what I have to leave out to fit it into my busy schedule. Which leads me to my point of can I really have it all and not only go to work and accomplish things but have time for me and my family as well. How do all of you with more than a few kids manage your time? I feel horrible if I leave something out, I LOVE a clean house, love finding some time to spend with the kids and helping with homework doesn't count, and then spending some time with the hubby at night. The other night he helped me cook supper, something we used to do all the time, and I loved it!! Not just because I had the extra help, but because we did it together. My current routine goes a little something like this: wake up 7 am, kids to school and at work by 7:30, home at 3 (hopefully), work on things at home and help kids with homework and chores, supper (if I have time) by 6, then possible back to work or catching up on Facebook ( a bad habit of mine) and shower and a little tv depending on the night and bed by 1 or 1:30 am. I want more time to clean and at least 45 minutes to myself for my workout. I am wondering if one can really have it all and still get it a good nights sleep, or am I always gonna be a walking juggling act!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Becky, Young women tend to burn their candles from both ends. Taking care of yourself and your own good health should be first - housework last on the list. Once your kids are grown, you will have plenty of time to have a clean house! ; )
Or.... as in my case.... NO HOUSEWORK WHATSOEVER!!!
Post a Comment