Sunday, September 27, 2009

Look what showed up....

Ok, it was more like look WHO showed up at our front door yesterday evening!!! Wade and Anda rode up on their bikes, it was a great surprise, and a great day to be out riding:) I must admit I was a bit jealous we couldn't have went out with them, but Scott sold his bike and even though I would love to have one, it just never happened.

It was a very busy week and weekend for us. I had a great week, very productive, and can feel good about the progress I have made. I can't wait for the day I am caught up and no more late nights, stuck down in the dungeon, WORKING!


Friday was our annual mother/daughter shopping trip to the Legends. It is always nice to get away and spend time with my mom and sisters, and every year the weather has been great. They have great deals, it is never over-crowded, and I must admit, it is one of the most relaxing days of the year for me. We just happened to stop by NFM, I do think it is impossible to see everything in that store in day, but I found the most amazing bed at a most amazing price, and after 8 years of waiting for a bed, I think I am finally going to make the purchase. And that is part of the reason I have put getting a bike on the back burner. Our home needs painting, furniture needs updating, and I have little patience for getting it all done, even though I know I am going to need A LOT before I am satisfied. The boys have hand-me-down bunk beds that I inherited from my momthat us girls used when we were kids. Scott and I have NEVER had a bed, just the metal frame and a mattress. Our kitchen table needs replaced, and the bed in the guest bedroom consists of 2 twin sized beds put together that I also inherited from my mother that I believe came from my grandparents house, and that room is just tooooooo small for a bed that big, so I would love to do a daybed/trundle as soon as I find one I like at the right price and have the extra cash. I know it all takes time. Our house came with flat paint, all the same color, and lets just say they do not come clean no matter how much you scrub. Oh and that scrubbing doesn't work well on textured walls either I might add, so each and every room needs a paint job, except for the living room, which turned out great and makes me want to get on the ball and get things done:)


Saturday morning I was up bright and early to go register for the Sabetha goes pink 5K cancer walk. It is a benefit to raise money for local cancer victims and that is a cause I will do my best to help any way I can. Mom and my sister and her family along with myself and my two boys participated. The boys took off running and finished in about a half hour and Mom, Amy, and I in about 54 minutes. Not bad if I say so myself, it was not a race, and it was a nice walk for us. Afterwards we had ate breakfast and headed to the shop. The boys helped their dad wash a few trucks and I had some lettering to put on a truck.


Today we were going to head to Highland to watch Scott's oldest play some ball, but unfortunately it was cancelled. We were looking forward to going and watching him play, it is amazing how good they are, and their way of playing is much different than the games we are used to watching. The boys played, Scott and I took naps, and then we cooked supper together!! I am looking forward to getting much more done this week, and another relaxing weekend ahead.


And here is another photo of Wade and Anda on their way home.

No comments: