Monday, May 4, 2009

So Proud...so torn


It is something I do not say often enough, but I am sooo proud of our boys! Both of them are now officially have their first jobs. Nate has had his for about a year and B starts his this week. It isn't a lot, but it is a start. It is a way to teach them the rewards of work and the responsibilities of getting older. We make them put half in their savings and the other half is theirs to spend freely, no questions asked. (sort of) We do try to give them some suggestions, but basically it is theirs. Nate bought his own baseball cleats and come August they will be buying their own school clothes. I am just soooooo proud of the kids they are, and I need to tell them that more often. They aren't perfect, they like to fight, and nit-pick, and tattle, and argue, but I couldn't ask for better boys:)


On another note, I am torn at the moment. I have been working basically non-stop, and they are left to do homework, chores, and playing to themselves. They do this quite well, but with the truck wash still slow, and deadlines to meet, I feel this is what I have to do for the family. I miss having time with them, and am taking most opportunities to do something with them even if it's only for a half hour here and there. And nothing made my heart melt more than knowing they were outside playing catch with their dad last week:) I was working so he went out with them!!


It will be a busy week and we will be celebrating a birthday this weekend, and between the two I am not sure how it will all get done, but one way or another, it always does. I was hoping to get more done today than I did, but got a late start and things didn't go as planned, so that means lots of overtime this week. And then a cake to make, a gift to order, and cleaning to do.


B is still a little under the weather. He was really congested again last night, complaining of his chest hurting, so today I called the doctor and the prescribed him an antibiotic. Luckily it was only $7.00. So he is on that, plus his nose spray and allergy med. I also found the humidifier in the basement today and put that in his room plus Scott put some vapor rub on him, and I am hoping he will be good in no time:) I feel so bad for him, he hasn't had much of a voice for the last 2 weeks, sounding a little better today, and then to have the congestion on top of it, and not a lot I can do:( Hopefully he is on his way to feeling a little better, although I am glad he hasn't had a fever or any other signs of illness.


No comments: