Monday, May 11, 2009

Because I"m MOM...

What a crazy week. Work, ball practice, cleaning, cooking, going here and there, and more work. B is finally feeling better. I had taken him to the Dr., who said it was really bad allergies, to stay on the allergy med, add a nose spray, and by Sunday night, he was complaining of his chest hurting, which really hadn't surprised me since he sounded so very congested. Come Monday, I had a call into the Dr., who put him on an antibiotic, and with the help of a humidifier at bedtime, he is finally recovering. I noticed last night he still has a bit of a cough and a little congestion, but has had his voice all week, and is definitely better.
Tuesday, I went to work, came home, worked some more, and repeated on Wednesday. I finished up at 9:30, just in time for a shower and bed.
Thursday, I came home with a terrible headache and decided not to work even though it was about all I could think of. Went to B's baseball practice and then home to rest. I fell asleep on the couch and the extra sleep was nice.
Friday, oh Friday. I took the day off, even though it was rough, because I knew I would be needed at the shop. I did shirts all day, and I mean all day. I grabbed the boys after school to run to Wal-Mart to pick up food and supplies for B's party. I finally finished working at 9:30 and came upstairs just in time to grab a bite to eat and then pick Nate up from his school dance. Scott and I watched a movie and then off to bed.
Saturday, I was up early, well early for a Saturday. I had a cake to make, payroll to figure, and some cleaning to do. I did manage to get it all done and take a shower by 12:30, just in time to get lunch for the party, and back before anyone had arrived. It was a great day and the weather couldn't have been anymore perfect. Saturday evening after we ran a few errands, Scott and I relaxed with another movie. I also had a cake to make for Sundays lunch.
Sunday morning, I was up, finished my cake, made sure the boys were up and dressed and ready to go and by the time I finished gathering everything, it was time to go. Nate went to his moms and Scott, B, and I were off to my moms for lunch. It was nice to sit around and relax and just do nothing. It has been one of the longest weeks ever, but in another sense, so short. If I could have had just a few more hours in the day, I could maybe gotten a little more done, and not have felt so rushed.
Today was finishing more shirts, and books. I really do not enjoy books, but it saves us money and after having our taxes messed up year after year, I took this upon myself to save us from others costly mistakes.
And why do I get to be the lucky one to get t do all these fun things... because I am the MOM!! I get to make sure everyone is where they need to be and on time, to do the grocery shopping, the cooking, the cleaning, the full-time job, only to get to come home to arguing, homework, messy rooms, laundry, housework, gardening, errands, bills, medications, playing, answering the phone, dishes, showers, and tucking him in at night. I am the one that gets the Good nights, the I Love You's, the stories, the accomplishments, the frustrations, the joy, the happiness, and the fun!!! It is easy to get frustrated, but it is rewarding all the same. Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day, I did:)

No comments: