Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Birthday B!!!

I can remember the day, 9 years ago. It was a Saturday, the day before Mother's Day. I remember spending all day at the hospital, waiting, and waiting. But once it started, it all went fast. (and that is why I am wearing my shirt and not a gown) And at 6:12 pm, I was the proud mama of a beautiful 8 lb. 13 oz. baby boy. And from there, things are a bit of a blur. I remember them taking you out of the room because you wouldn't cry. And I had lost a lot of blood, even though I didn't know it at the time. I remember being sooo cold, and thirsty, and the ice chips just weren't cutting it. And I vaguely remember them bringing you back in to me, but no specific details. I remember holding you and not ever wanting to let you go. And from that day forward, I knew I had found my heart and soul.


1 comment:

Boeckman mommy said...

Oh, do I ever remember this day also. The walking, the holding the emesis basin, (which I did not like) and that red shirt, oh the red shirt. I do remember that is what you were wearing. I also remember you couldn't labor in bed, you did it all standing, leaning on the bed. I don't remember it being so late in the day, that he was born. It was so exciting. And I am so glad that I was able to be a part of it. And I would do it all again for you. I love you both. Happy Birthday Brennan.