Wednesday, April 29, 2009

O what have I been up to???

Well, it has been very busy lately. Shirts, shirts, and more shirts. More shirts than I can keep up with. But..... I am finally caught up as of today! I worked everyday last week after I got home from work, on shirts. No kidding. I am eating, thinking, and dreaming shirts. It was so nice to come home today, and not have to "work". I did shirts Monday, and last night, and today, and now I am caught up until my next 3 orders come in, then back to the grind. It is a good thing it is a favorite part of my job, but I must admit I am i little shirted-out at the moment, and the break from then over the next couple days will be much appreciated!!

I did get a small break Friday, and got to go out for lunch with my mom and aunts. It was good food, and a great time. (and very interesting stories) And I did need the break, Thanks Girls!!

Last weekend, we made a trip to Topeka for Scott's birthday lunch, a few supplies for the shop, and then we went to spend the rest of the days at our friends. It is always nice to get away, take a break, and see some of the ones closest to us. BTW, Thanks Anda for the delicious supper!! It was very good and I am going to try and make them in the near future:),

Sunday started with a little anxiety. I hate severe weather. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a good thunderstorm as long as the threat for severe weather is low. And I mean very low. I am the child that used to run outside at the nearest thunderstorm just to hear my mother tell me I would be struck by lightening if I didn't get my butt back inside. And guess what??? Not only did I only sometimes listening, but now I do the exact thing with my kids only 10 times worse!!! They aren't allowed outside, or even near a window or door, before I am right on their tails, saying the exact same thing. Thanks Mom! To make matters worse, we had to buy new phones for the shop(all the moisture makes them last only about a year) and there were no batteries in the box. The only thing we could do was return them, so away my husband went, which only added to my anxiety. He did return safely just in time to watch it rain. And rain did we get. The official reading at our house was 4.5 in. And I knew it well, hearing the sump pump run every 5 sec. Finally yesterday it had slowed to about once a minute, and I really haven't heard it today. I am not sure who's idea it was to place it directly under out bedroom, but I wish I knew now what I knew then. It is noisy and interrupts my sleep. Not only can I hear it come on but then the gush of water which empties outside our window. Hmmm, I think with all the rain in the forecast, it will be a great idea to invest in some insulation, at least under our room. I am definitely checking into this possibility.

Baseball is right around the corner. B was supposed to have practice tonight, but due to the rain it was cancelled. Both boys will be playing this year, and since it just happens to be my favorite sport I must admit I can't wait. (I could avoid the hustle it brings with it, we are always running, But if that's what it takes, I will deal with it)

I still haven't had the chance to go meet my new nephew, which is at the top of my to do list. I am hoping maybe I can fit it in to my weekend activities.

Other than our normal routine, and me having little me time, B has some strange illness going on. Losing his voice and a little congestion for almost 2 weeks now, I decided to make him an appointment because he doesn't seem to be getting better and I really don't want to wait until the weekend to be like "Oh, I should take him to the doctor", nor do I want to pay an emergency room bill, so to the Dr. he goes. Hopefully it is nothing serious. He hasn't been running a fever though, so I am assuming it is nothing major.

I have got in some late night reading. I am on my 3rd in this series, and even though I miss sleep, I love to read and if that is what it takes, then sleep is what I will cut back on. Plus it helps me relax, especially after working late, I need a little unwind time!!

No comments: