Monday, February 16, 2009

A week Glad to be Gone

I haven't posted in awhile, last week was one of the worst weeks I can remember. I am not going to post about it, I am trying to put it behind me, but it will definitely leave an impact on my thoughts. I did get to spend an afternoon with my mom. We went out for lunch and to the quilt shop in Hiawatha, so not only was it nice to spend some time with her, but it was nice just to get away for a few hours.



I have been very busy at work. I am very thankful for this as washing trucks is not a priority during a down economy and it is taking it's tull on things. Last week, the largest customer we have cut back as well, leaving us to a lot of what if's. It is a difficult time for everyone and in time it will all turn around, I am just wondering how much we will all lose in the process before things get better. I have switched a lot of our bills around to save some money, and we also discontinued some of our extra insurance policies for the time being. I am hoping we can reinstate those when things get better, as they were really good policies, but they were also in addition to our health and life plans in place. I am confident that as long as I stay busy, we can make it, even if it means closing down the truck wash or Scott finding a job and allowing his employees to run it. Either way, we will do what we have to do to make it through all this mess.



Saturday I had 2 trucks to do in the morning and then the afternoon was busy at home. We went out to the windmill in Seneca for supper with my family. We don't get together all that often, so it was nice to visit and the food was great. They had a limited menu which was somewhat of a bummer, but all in all it was an enjoyable evening. We came home and watched a little tv. I was so tired I fell asleep and ended up going to bed before 10. I wish I could have spend more time with Scott but it just wasn't in the plans I guess. Like I said, I have been busy. I am sure the stress of last week only added to that, so to my husband, I am sorry.
Today I am at home. I tell everyone this is my day off, but I actually do books, payroll, taxes, and/or shirts. I definitely enjoy these quiet peaceful days to myself.
I posted some of the pictures from Saturday night. Jerod had fed Cindy off his fork so I tried to get him to do a "romantic replay" but he became a little camera shy, so Cindy tried to take a picture of Scott and I to showing him we aren't afraid to show affection, however she was a little slow taking the picture, so no I am not trying to show everyone my big mouth! The bottom one Scott took of most of us at the table after supper.

No comments: