Late Friday night Brennan came to me that he didn't feel well. It was almost bedtime so I sent him to his room to lay down. Wouldn't ya know, he got sick. We had been so lucky to be healthy, so out came the Lysol again. I was a little skeptical, but it seems to be working at least this far. Saturday morning Nate got up and went to work with Scott. B and I stayed at the house and I of course Cleaned! I think I had things a little backwards though because I started in the garage and then worked my way inside. Maybe it was due to the warm weather we had that day! I did get the Tahoe washed in the driveway! I haven't been able to do this for quite some time!! Around lunch time B said he wasn't feeling very well again, after feeling fine that morning. Once again he was sick, so I again sent him to his room and he took a short nap. Nate and I brought in wood to replenish the pile. Hopefully we are now stocked and won't have to bring anymore in for the year. Nate spend most of his afternoon at the skatepark. B woke up from his nap and said he felt fine. I did let him go outside to play and get some fresh air. He has been fine since so I am hopeful if any of the rest of us get it, it to will be short lived. The rest of the weekend was spend in front of the tv and just relaxing. It is always nice to have a work less weekend.
Monday I worked from home. It is my day off from the office to hopefully stay up on books and just have a day not only to myself, but of mostly uninterrupted work time. I did end up going out to the shop late afternoon to letter a truck. I was home by 7 and made supper. Monday nights are my favorite tv nights so we finished up in time to watch my favorite shows. The boys went to bed, and I followed not to long after.
It was a cold morning waking up and the wood must have burned out early because it was a little chilly in the house. I am not a morning person so this always makes it a little worse. We have not ran our furnace since the stove was installed, so I am excited to see how much money we will be saving on our gas bill. I have been cold much of the day, am happy to be at home in front of the fireplace! It looks like the rest of the week will be flip-flop weather again. Hopefully we can get some time outside and get out of town for the weekend. I picked the boys up from school and they did chores and homework. I am not allowing them to go anywhere today since tomorrow they will both be gone to church and Thursday is B's music program. It never hurts them to spend some time at home though.
Awhile back, October 25th to be exact, the Twister Car Club held a benefit for Wade Moore. I had the pleasure of taking part in this. (I made shirts and donated all profits to the fund) It was called Wade Moore benefit; Kids can make a difference Race. Not to long after that there was a publication in the U.S. Weekly that that day was also Make a Difference Day and people all over the United Sates were participating and volunteering to help out others. I received a call from them last week and was interviewed. It sounds like there were a lot of different things going on and the lady told me once they were done with all the interviewing they would decide which stories make the publication. So keep your eyes open! The whole experience was great and to make it in the U.S. Weekly publication would just top it off! Either way, I was glad to be a part of it and Thankful so many people supported the day to try and make things for Wade a little better.
At last, the picture I promised of our new stove!
No comments:
Post a Comment