Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Weekend is Almost Over

Friday was such a nice day. The boys were up and off to school early. I headed out to the shop around 8:30. It was nice to get to take things slow, I am not a morning person. My mom came up and took Scott and I out to lunch. Thanks Mom! I can't even remember the last time Scott and I took a lunch away from the shop, it has been that long! Usually we just have a snack to hold us over til supper. It was also nice to spend some time with my mom! Brennan had a friend over and then went with his friend to the high school basketball games. It was a quiet evening at home.
Yesterday I was up earlier than normal. I am not sure why. Scott took B to the shop with him, so it would have been a great day to sleep in, however that just wasn't the case. I got up and did payroll, then a grocery list, and the rest of the morning was quiet. A little too quiet. I was thankful when the guys got back from work! We went to Wal-Mart to get groceries, and B had a free happy meal certificate for reading at school, so we grabbed lunch before coming home. Scott and I both had cheeseburgers and a shared a small fries. I am thinking that was one of the cheapest meals we have ever had as a family. I am not sure I could have even cooked that cheap. But, no, we won't be making that a usual trip. I am not a big fan of Mcdonalds, nor would that help me with losing weight! I spend the afternoon cleaning my office! I am so happy to see the floor in there again! I had so much to go through and a couple boxes that hadn't even been touched since we moved. I was happy to find that one box was just books, so it headed straight to the basement and no need for more sorting. I do have a little left to file, but not more than another half hour or so. I can not believe it has taken me so long to accomplish this task. Later on in the evening we had friends over for a drink and a movie. It was a good time. B spend the night with a friend next door, so it was another quiet night at our house.
Today we just kinda hung out most of the morning. We had lunch with the Hartter family. Not very many showed up, but it was nice to have lunch and visit with those that attended. We are just going to relax the rest of the evening. It may be a busy next week.
I want to wish Madison a Happy 10th Birthday!!!

No comments: