Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Year in Review...Where did the time go?


Wow, it is hard to believe that 2008 is almost over! Not a lot of exciting things happened this year, but the time sure did fly! Winter seemed to last forever, especially after everyone had survived last years ice storm. We made our annual trip to KC to visit my cousin Scott in January. It just happened to fall on my birthday and little did I know the surprise they all had in store for me after returning from the restroom! I was somewhat embarrassed that I had a group of waiters and waitresses hovering around singing one of those awful Birthday songs with the largest piece of chocolate cake and ice cream that I didn't even get a piece of due to the fact I was so full from supper! We also went ice skating that night, which is a lot harder than it looks.




Spring finally came and we were all very grateful for that! My cousin Scott and his boys came for a weekend visit! We had a bar-b-q and my family all came up to join us. I transplanted most of my plants and flowers from the trailer court to the house and we got our front steps in! Nobody usually uses that door, but it was on the list of things to be done and looked kinda funny not having anything there. Scott got a new lawn mower come late spring early summer! I was so happy, I no longer have to mow. I enjoy mowing but it took me as long to push the front as he did to ride the back and the yard is very rough, so it was definitely a workout I was ready to give up! Brennan turned 8 on May 13th ! Scott also got a Honda CBR!
We spent a LOT of time running back and forth to Topeka this past summer. It was quite exhausting. Scott took his car down to Heartland Park a couple of times to race. Brennan loved this and I actually didn't mind. We also spend a lot of time down there at The Arms while Wade and Scott tinkered with his car. This was usually an every weekend trip and was glad when they were finished. There is nothing like sleapin in your own bed and just the comforts of your own home. I did get in some girl time shoppin with Anda and Trisha which made it all a little more bearable! Brennan played baseball this summer and took 4th place for the second year in a row! We also did a lot of late night bike riding with friends.


We bought M&L Auto building in late June. It connects with the truck wash building and had plans to move my shop over there. Things didn't go as planned and eviction was a little tougher than it should have been. A few months ago, we came to an agreement with the lady renting the building and hopefully it will be vacated soon. This was also my busiest year ever at work. Things are just finally slowing down as I am typing this. In August we had spent our first full year in our new home!


We celebrated Nathaniels 12th Birthday October 6, and then Riley had a Birthday on October 15th and is now 17, WOW!



Winter or soon to be came at a sad start. Scott's grandma passed away on November 13th at the age of 90. I also lost an old friend from school on November 29th at the age of 29. We had Thanksgiving in Holton and then traveled to Topeka to the Arm's Thanksgiving in the afternoon. The following Saturday we celebrated at my mom's with the Eisenbarth families! Christmas came all to soon. This was all a little frustrating due to the struggling economy. Washing trucks seems to be slow due to the high gas prices we were all paying earlier in the year. Hopefully since prices have fallen business will pick up once again. I am just Thankful we can make all our payments and pay our bills, everything else will just have to wait until business gets better.




I know I shouldn't wish my life away, but I am hoping that Winter flies by as fast as the rest of the year did! This is the most dreaded time of year at our house. Somehow I always manage to find something to occupy my time and am happy the boys have the basement to play in when they can't go outside!

We hope everyone has a Safe and Happy New Year and that 2009 will be a better year for everyone!







No comments: