I must admit Christmas isn't my favorite holiday. I hate large crowds, heavy traffic, and the task of trying to find the perfect gift for everyone on my list. However, I Love gift-giving and the suprise on my boys faces after opening their gifts! Sometimes it is the look of a good suprise and other times not so much! I enjoyed this more when the were younger, but as they grow older it becomes harder and harder to find something they will like and don't already have. They are not overly spoiled, we make them work for most everything they have but they still seem to have next to everything. My favorite part of Christmas would have to be the use of past traditions and the making of new ones. It also seems to be the time of year when I get to spend more time making gifts and buying new craft items. This year I attemped jewelry making and was actually successful at it!
Every Christmas Eve, we spend at my moms house. It seems we don't get down there as much as we should or would like to, but we have been there every year. It is the one holiday all of us kids are there together every year. Scott always gets his favorite gift...money! I love my gift, a digital picture frame! I have wanted one of these for quite a while now, but was one of the items on my list that was always just outside my price range to buy myself. Nate and Brennan both got 2 very cool Tony Hawk shirts and a Tony Hawk tech deck set.
Today we traveled to Holton to Scott's Aunt and Uncles for lunch. This has also been a tradition for the last few years or so.(since his grandma went into the rest home) They live out in the country and it is always peaceful. There is always plenty of good food, and the boys do a gift exchange with the few younger kids. They boys recieved a hotwheels race track and each a set of cars. They also got more tech decks! It is much appreciated that Don and Theresa open their home to us each holiday.
We did Christmas a little differant this year. Usually we open gifts before going to moms, and then open gifts from Santa after we get back home. Due to the issue of the boys getting older and "believing" a little differant, I let them open gifts Wednesday morning after Scott went to work. They got lots of cool hoodies and tees, and Nate got a bottle of cologne and B a tech deck set from their Grandma Marilynn and Grandpa Carl! They were both very happy!
Today also happens to be Scott's moms Birthday, so Happy Birthday Marilynn!
No comments:
Post a Comment