I can not believe 2009 is almost over and soon we will beginning the New Year. Where does the time go? Most of the year seems to be a blur, a whirlwind of memories, some very distant, and others just like they happened yesterday. It seems like the year may have started a little slow, but if we fast forward to April, things get a little clearer. It was April that I moved my shop from inside the truck wash to its current location. I remember painting and cleaning and preparing for what would be a great move. Little by little I have added new and different products trying to find what my niche. And from there what once was reality is more now of a dream. I can always tell the changing of seasons, even if I am unaware of what day it is just from the cycles of my work. When winter ends and spring begins, the trucks start to roll in. And this year was no exception. I cannot tell you just how many trucks I did this year but I would guess somewhere around 70 plus. And in no time at all it was May and we celebrated Brennans 9th birthday. It is hard to believe he is 9 already and now with the year end fast approaching, I know it won't be long and it will be his 10th. This summer Brennan played ball, but not for long, he broke his collarbone on a bike accident. We also watch Riley play ball this summer. It would have been nice to have seen a few more games, they were definitely worth watching. We also spent a few summer nights out watching Sabetha's American Legion team. We spent a Fourth of July family gathering wrapped in blankets in Holton, who would have thought July could have been so cool. With August the boys were back in school and I was working 60-70 hours a week. Nate and Riley both had Birthdays in October. With one now a teenager and one an adult, the fact of just how fast time flies has really set in. We enjoyed spending time with our families at Thanksgiving, and have a lot to be thankful for this year. Long hours were spent working throughout December as we were open late Thursdays for holiday shoppers and the extra time was definitely needed to get all my orders done by Christmas. I procrastinated my shopping this year (nothing new) as the Christmas season was a dreadful time for me. On December 5th we traveled to Paxico to have a great friend of mine take a few pictures for our Christmas Cards. These cards never made it to be printed, just one more thing I put off. (I have high hopes of getting family pictures taken this summer, so maybe for once I will be ahead of the game). By the way, I am working on this years cards, so I can get them sent out, they will just be a little late this year. With Christmas came a crippling snow storm, 12 plus inches and high winds. Lots of roads were drifted shut, and we spent our days at home, missing the rest of our families. I got in lots of holiday baking. We were able to get together with my family on Sunday and will have company tomorrow evening with some of the others. I am also excited to have another girl in the family. Congrats to Scott's cousin on her beautiful baby girl!! Both sides of the family have plenty of boys, so it is nice to have another girl. Hopefully her older boy cousins will be gentle with her and not pick on her too much! Happy Birthday to my Brother and great friends Anda and Tricia on New Years Eve! I love you guys, Thanks for being the great friends you are!! I am excited to start the New year and see what it has in store for us. Hopefully the snow will subside and the economy will grow and 2010 will be a great year for everyone!! Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
I can not believe 2009 is almost over and soon we will beginning the New Year. Where does the time go? Most of the year seems to be a blur, a whirlwind of memories, some very distant, and others just like they happened yesterday. It seems like the year may have started a little slow, but if we fast forward to April, things get a little clearer. It was April that I moved my shop from inside the truck wash to its current location. I remember painting and cleaning and preparing for what would be a great move. Little by little I have added new and different products trying to find what my niche. And from there what once was reality is more now of a dream. I can always tell the changing of seasons, even if I am unaware of what day it is just from the cycles of my work. When winter ends and spring begins, the trucks start to roll in. And this year was no exception. I cannot tell you just how many trucks I did this year but I would guess somewhere around 70 plus. And in no time at all it was May and we celebrated Brennans 9th birthday. It is hard to believe he is 9 already and now with the year end fast approaching, I know it won't be long and it will be his 10th. This summer Brennan played ball, but not for long, he broke his collarbone on a bike accident. We also watch Riley play ball this summer. It would have been nice to have seen a few more games, they were definitely worth watching. We also spent a few summer nights out watching Sabetha's American Legion team. We spent a Fourth of July family gathering wrapped in blankets in Holton, who would have thought July could have been so cool. With August the boys were back in school and I was working 60-70 hours a week. Nate and Riley both had Birthdays in October. With one now a teenager and one an adult, the fact of just how fast time flies has really set in. We enjoyed spending time with our families at Thanksgiving, and have a lot to be thankful for this year. Long hours were spent working throughout December as we were open late Thursdays for holiday shoppers and the extra time was definitely needed to get all my orders done by Christmas. I procrastinated my shopping this year (nothing new) as the Christmas season was a dreadful time for me. On December 5th we traveled to Paxico to have a great friend of mine take a few pictures for our Christmas Cards. These cards never made it to be printed, just one more thing I put off. (I have high hopes of getting family pictures taken this summer, so maybe for once I will be ahead of the game). By the way, I am working on this years cards, so I can get them sent out, they will just be a little late this year. With Christmas came a crippling snow storm, 12 plus inches and high winds. Lots of roads were drifted shut, and we spent our days at home, missing the rest of our families. I got in lots of holiday baking. We were able to get together with my family on Sunday and will have company tomorrow evening with some of the others. I am also excited to have another girl in the family. Congrats to Scott's cousin on her beautiful baby girl!! Both sides of the family have plenty of boys, so it is nice to have another girl. Hopefully her older boy cousins will be gentle with her and not pick on her too much! Happy Birthday to my Brother and great friends Anda and Tricia on New Years Eve! I love you guys, Thanks for being the great friends you are!! I am excited to start the New year and see what it has in store for us. Hopefully the snow will subside and the economy will grow and 2010 will be a great year for everyone!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment