Thursday, December 24, 2009
A Broken Tradition
Today it is Freezing cold out, first the rain, then the sleet, and now the snow. I went in to work this morning only to find my battery in the Tahoe was dead. After waking the hubby and charging the battery there was nothing but lights. After calling the local repair shop, and approximately 20 minutes later, I had a new battery and was on my way to work. Nothing falling from the sky but a fine mist of rain, I was perfectly content. It didn't take long to switch over to sleet and the North wind was howling. As I went to leave work at noon, I had a nice glaze over my windshield. I was able to scrape enough to see, but the wind was so fierce, I backed up behind the south side of the shop to finish scraping. As I headed home the sleet had changed over to tiny flakes and within a short matter of time it was coming down full force in huge flakes. I had been fretting the storm for days as we always go to moms on Christmas Eve and I didn't want this year to be any different. I in no way enjoy this part of the year but there is one good thing that comes along with the bad and that is spending time with my family. So just another damper to my already broken spirit, this year it just won't be the same. We let the boys open their gift and then I made a batch of the best sugar cookies. Tonight it will be hanging out at home, enjoying the warmth of the fire, and watching movies with the family. The tradition has been broken this year, but it is better to be safe than sorry, and I can't think of a better way to spend the rest of the day. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment