I know it has been awhile since I have updated, Lots going on and Lots to do! We have traveled to Topeka a few weekends to get last minute supplies for the business and had a great friend take our pictures for Christmas cards I have yet to find the time to finish. I am somewhat of a procrastinator and I told myself this year we wouldn't wait so long (last year we were lucky to find one halfway warm day to get them in), but we were either busy or Nate was at his moms and so to no surprise, we just did them last weekend.
a crippling snowstorm came through last week leaving us with over a foot of snow, blizzard like conditions, below zero temperatures and huge snowdrifts from 40 mph winds. It was a mess. Boys were out of school, one day we just stayed home as it was too cold to wash and our drive didn't get plowed until the end of the day, leaving only one way in and enough room to turn around and back out the same way.
And thanks to that snowstorm, I am now even further behind in my work than I was to begin with. So here I am today, trying to get caught up with some much needed extra time. And speaking of work, it is crunch time. I haven't slowed down a bit since about May, but a lot of what I am working on now is for Christmas gifts and that is arriving with a quick vengeance! I have few gifts bought or made for those on our list and with trying to get my work done and working lots of late nights and weekends, I am still wondering how it will all get done!
No Holiday baking in our house this year, I barely have time to sleep, even though I am missing that. On a good note though, all these extra hours will be worth it, as I am taking a full week off right after Christmas. And little did I know, I will have to make the trip to Seneca to renew my drivers license that week. Since Mondays I work from home and they are closed on Mondays, I am not taking time off work, so that is a must to do then. Other than that is will just be B and I and maybe some after Christmas baking and I promised him he can have his cousin over for a night. I am also hoping to get some painting done. Originally it was in the plan to do our bedroom and bath but I am still undecided on the color, but I have great plans for the boys rooms and hope they love it when I am finished.
And that is all the excitement we have going on at the moment. Work, school, eat, sleep... The boys will be starting basketball soon, Nate in middle school, and B for the elementary program. I can't wait to see my boys out there on the court and I am always amazed at the talent of such little guys!! Until next time...Wishing your family a Happy Holiday and safe travels!!
No comments:
Post a Comment