Friday, January 22, 2010

A Little Sunshine Please???

What a Winter! I can't remember anything, even in my slightest of memories of a winter such as this. First, the very cold temps early on then the snow and now fog!!! I remember asking for warmer temps, which I got, but forgot to mention that the warmer temps. would bring lots and lots of sunshine!! We have had mild to thick fog for over a week now, not a hint of sunshine, and the trend seems to only continue. Last Saturday, we braved our way to Topeka, it wasn't really all that bad during the day, but coming home at midnight was about a nightmare. I had to try and stay between the lines, when i could see them and just kinda guess when I couldn't. There were no landmarks to recognize, occasionally a few headlights, just a dark tunnel filled with fog. We hit holton, and I couldn't believe we had made it, but there was no topping the hill before and knowing we were almost there, it was hitting the edge of town and realizing we were actually halfway home. Never had I been so happy to be home in my wonderful comfy bed! I believe sunshine is good for a lot of things, like melting snow, helping heat our homes, giving us energy, and telling us it's time to get our butts out of bed! All of which is missing for the time being. So Please, Please, I am begging for even the slightest bit of full sun, to lift my spirits and give me some motivation!

No comments: