I am not sure if I am developing a new sense of humor on life or if I have just been missing out, but I am beginning to see things a little differently. B asked me the other day about cantaloupe. I told him they can be grown in a garden and he used to love them!! He then responded to how gross, I am never eating them. So when I asked him why he said cuz they have to cut off the antlers first. What??? He was thinking of "antelope" and so then we went into the difference and what a difference there is. Some days I just have to laugh and wonder if he is really my child or if he was switched at birth. Joking!!
And then there is Nate. I had called him last week to wish him a Happy Birthday and now that he is a teenager I asked him if he felt any older or if it was just another day. And he said "ya, a little." My response being really? "My voice has been changing" Really? "Well just since the last 2 days." I tried so hard not to laugh on the phone, but as soon as I got off, I laughed and laughed and for a few days afterwards, I was still laughing at the thought of it. Boys!!!
And to top it off, some days I have the funniest husband ever. A few weeks ago we were at my moms going through things and Scott would NOT eat the pork loin she had cooked. I ate it, I was fine and let me tell you it was good!! Anyone who knows my husband knows he is paranoid about germs, and getting sick and such, so he asked mom if she had anything else to eat because he didn't want to eat the pork in fear of swine flu. So she made him some shredded BBQ Meat and he ate several sandwiches, it must had been pretty good. And even though we all assured him he couldn't get the swine flu from eating the pork, he wouldn't touch it. However, mom forgot to mention the BBQ meat she was feeding him was Pork not Beef!! And then to watch him on the computer. He has taken an interest in learning and getting on himself, which I love, but wish he would use the other computer, not mine. I usually just sit back and watch and try and let him figure it out for himself, keeping one eye on him at all times just so he doesn't mess anything up, but he still has trouble. One night last week, he wanted me to do something for him so I just told him what to do, but he was persistent that I do it. B was sitting here and said I'll do it dad, and Scott was in no way gonna let B touch it, but B was also persistent that he know what it was he needed to do, so I said "just let B help you, he knows what he is doing", and sure enough, B accomplished the task. I have to laugh, it is kinda funny to watch your 9 year old son, showing his dad the way around on the computer. Or yesterday, we had to go get shelving for my office, it is a disaster without ample space to store things and no closet to hide it all in. We went to get Scott a pair of shoes, he needed them and I had a coupon, and he picks up the shoe he normally wears and puts it back stating that they were made in China. And so then he goes around from shoe to shoe looking at the tags to find a shoe made in the US. Normally I would probably be embarrassed as people were standing around watching him fuss, but you have to remember I have been with him for almost 9 years, and I have seen worse!! I agree we should support American Made products but it was all too funny watching him, knowing there isn't a shoe made in the Us, at least not to my knowledge. I must say it is nice to have a good laugh every once in awhile. Have I mentioned I love these guys!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment