Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Horrible, Rotten, Bad Day.....

Today was just one of those days. I felt a little"funny" when I woke up this morning, not sick, just like I was off balance, and then day went down from there. Cloudy, wet, cold, kids arguing, kids arguing with me, rude people, rush orders, and no caffeine.

For those of you who own your own business, you may understand exactly where I am coming from. Some days are worse than others, but today was rotten. I can remember back to shorty after I moved here, going out in public, seeing people stare, give nasty glances, and so on and so forth. And not all are like this, some are very friendly and have become great friends. And I remember when I first opened my shop, thinking no matter who gives me a dirty look, to always be polite since you never know who may be a potential customer and living in a small town it is often likely. And that is a philosophy I try to live by. I have slipped a time or two, but most anyone who knows me knows I am not a complainer, I just keep my thoughts to myself and go about my day. But today is different!!!

I know sometimes orders get messed up, some take longer than others, and some have just plain been lost. And then there are those that are finished way ahead of schedule or end up better than one had thought. Believe me, I do my best and I know that isn't always good enough, however that is how it is. And I also realize some jobs are just doomed from the get go. And lately that is happening more and more. Salesmen not returning my calls, problems with the merchandise, lost shipments, out of stock items, and the list goes on and on and on. And I think what frustrates me the most is even though I may only give myself a few days to complete the order and when my shipment is lost, I don't take it out on the UPS guy, or my supplier, or anyone else. I know it is just a glitch, even though it happens a lot lately, and that being mad and taking it out on someone else won't do a damn bit of good. And not only do these things put me behind, but they also put my orders behind. And so for those of you that have came in and smiled even though a was late or something came up and I had to be gone for the day...Thank You. Thank you for your patience, your kindness, and your understanding. Believe me, if it were as simple as taking an order and putting it out 2 days later, I would be in heaven. Some days the phone rings constantly, or a lot of customers come in and other days the phone doesn't ring at all. These are all little things that add up and can make my job stressful.

I hate the cold, and the rain, and this time of year I just plain hate. I just can't seem to get warm no matter how many sweatshirts, coats, shirts I put on, I am always cold. And then kids who think I should just get them whatever it is they want, or let them wear their good shoes and clothes for play, arguing over who gets to sit in front, what we have for supper, why they have to go to bed when they do, cleaning up after themselves, and on and on and on.

And to top it all off, salesmen keep calling even though we are on a no call list!!!!!

I think I may need a VACATION!!!!!!!

No comments: