Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summer is almost over...

It is hard to believe school will be starting this coming week. It has been a busy and hectic summer. B played baseball from May through July. His team had an undefeated season and took home first place in their tournament. I do love a good game of baseball! The season went by fast with only one make-up game. I am sure he misses playing as well, as he has been watching baseball and playing on the wii every chance he gets!

Work has been busy as well. Just when I think I am getting close to catching up, I am swamped again. Its called job security I know, and I love what I do, so I am looking forward to taking a few days off to catch up on some much needed "me" time. I don't think I have personally cooked more than two meals all summer, it has been sandwiches, easy to make things, eating out, and a fend for yourself kind of summer. I am really looking forward to fall and getting back in the kitchen! And speaking of fall, summer here has been HOT! Last year, we maybe had one week of these temps, and it seems like we have been dealing with he heat for months now. I really like summer, but am looking forward to cooler temperatures.

Our "good news" turned out to be nothing, not even worth mentioning, but no harm done. I have a lot of pictures to upload if I ever find the time. I am definitely looking forward to getting back into a good routine, being able to cook and spend more time with the boys, and getting some sleep!! I could really do without the homework though...

No comments: