It has been a busy weekend and it was a busy week. I am beginning to wonder what the purpose of having hours are when I work past them every night????? It is frustrating...but I am determined to work through it. I am lovin this weather, it is sooo enjoyable but makes me a little leery of winter. The boys have made it through their first whole week of school. It goes fast and I am already tired of B having homework everyday. By the time he does homework on Wednesdays, his paper route, it is time for church and then home to shower and bed. I do remember Nate having a lot of homework at this age as well, maybe there is just a lot to learn...
Yesterday I managed to sleep in (yay) and get some much needed things done around the house. We have been here almost 3 years (it is hard to believe time has gone that fast) and our showers have never been waxed. I have been meaning to do this for awhile, but after I get done cleaning them I always forget to go back and wax after they have dried. Or maybe I am just to tired at this point, who knows. I washed rugs, and even scrubbed the boys floor. Usually they are in charge of cleaning their bathroom, I really don't even like going in there, but lets just say they weren't quite getting the job done right. I was also tired of the clutter on the sink so I bought them nifty little plastic containers, the kind with drawers, that are small enough to go under their sink. Now they each have their own space for toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, deodorant, and whatever other necessities they need. The bathroom is so small there is only space for a trash can, and it is a small trash can. this worked perfect and still left room for extra toilet paper and shampoos because the containers are stackable! And the best part is they seemed to like it as much as I did, even though that just might have something to do with the fact they have their own drawers!! I even managed to clean that nasty fish tank! It was so bad Scott wanted to take it down and sell it, but my fish have grown so much and I do enjoy just sitting in there and watching them even though less work would be a plus. Today we woke up and split wood. I hate this, the bending over and over and over really takes its toll on my back not to mention sore hands from picking it all up and piling it. Yes, I have soft girly hands and I like to keep them that way. However after cleaning screens, I had blisters, and now it is starting to peel, yuck!!! We also cleaned up the garage. There is soo much stuff out of place I didn't know where to begin, but yep, it's cleaned now too. (as clean as a garage can get) This was supposed to be my husbands palace, I only park in there, its too dirty and drab for me to want to spend any amount of time out there, and somehow, I always end of cleaning it!!! It was to the point that I could no longer get out of the truck and go to the door, I had to walk around the truck and that was a tight squeeze, no room to carry anything, so I knew it was time and quite obvious no one was going to make a jump at it without my encouragement and help!!!
I have decided to spend the rest of my evening relaxing. I hope next week is better and that I can get off on time to keep up with all the house work and my job. I finished my last truck last week, even though it may be in the works to have 10-15 more, it is still a major accomplishment. It is also Sunday which means another exciting episode of TrueBlood. There are only 2 episodes left, but they have already announced a season 3, so I guess something to look forward to!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment